Head of School
Oakdale Academy, a Classical Christian school (K-12) in Waterford, MI, seeks a Head of School beginning in the 2018-19 school year. The ideal candidate will have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and possess the knowledge of classical Christian education as well as possess the vision for growth of the school in the community. The Head of School will have a heart for service, strong leadership, be comfortable speaking publicly, and be able to communicate the vision of classical Christian education effectively.
Academic Leadership of the School:
- Supervision, development and management of Teaching Staff
- Ensure adherence to the curriculum, objectives and timelines
Organizational Leadership and Management:
- Supervision, development and management of Upper and Lower School Department heads, and support staff.
- Effective school-wide communication with parents, faculty, staff, students and administration.
- Supervision and management of school operations, including business management.
- Working with the school board on the implementation and evaluation of school policies and operations.
- Support the Mission, Vision, and core values.
- Work with the school board to implement the strategic plan.
- Promote school growth through events, tours, written literature, and programs that increase visibility and clearly articulate the school vision and goals.
- To be the spokesperson and advocate for the school.
- Provide input and feedback to the board at monthly meetings and strategic planning retreats.
- College graduate with experience teaching. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Prior leadership and management experience
- Ideal candidates should have classical Christian educational experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and list of references to email@example.com.
Want More Information?
For a firsthand experience of our classical and Christian model in action:
Please contact us with questions. May God bless you in your discovery of classical Christian education at Oakdale Academy. We look forward to getting to know your family.