We are seeking to fill the following positions:
- Director of Marketing, Admissions, and Development.
Send inquiries to the Headmaster - email@example.com
- Substitute Teachers (all grades)
- We are always looking for qualified instructors at all grade levels (junior kindergarten through 12th grade) and for all subjects, including but not limited to rhetoric, logic, Latin, French, physical sciences, literature, math, and history.
Please send inquiries or resumes to the Headmaster, Dr. Stanton via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications for all positions are:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of classical Christian educational philosophy
- 3-5+ years of prior teaching experience preferred
- Serious commitment to personal Christian faith in Jesus Christ
Employees of Oakdale Academy must agree with the Employee Handbook and Contract in its entirety, with some specifics found below.
- Profile of Oakdale Academy Faculty and Staff
- Statement of Faith
- Mission Statement
- Classical Christian Education
- Relationship to the Community
- Statement on Life
- Religious Employment Criteria
- Policy on Religious Character
- Policy on Marriage, Family, and Sexuality
- Code of Christian Conduct
Oakdale Academy is a classical Christian school in Waterford, Michigan for Junior Kindergarten- 12th Grade.
Our Mission is to instill Character, Truth, and Wisdom in our students in order to prepare them for a lifetime of service to God, family, community, and country through classical Christian education.
With that Mission as our driving force, some of the criteria we consider in our Faculty and Staff; these criteria should be evident in all who work for Oakdale Academy.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an academic discipline
- Experience in teaching and training in classical Christian education
- Adherence to our Statement of Faith
All Faculty and Staff
All employees of Oakdale Academy should be committed Christians who demonstrate their spiritual walk through the spiritual fruit they produce in their lives. They should be seeking to honor God in all they do and say.
Oakdale Academy Staff have the following traits:
- love to serve others
- committed to excellence
- 50% hold a Master's Degree or higher
- have served an average of 12 years in Christian education
Ultimately, the Faculty and Staff work as a team of committed Christians with a sense of determination to prepare our students for a lifetime of service and defense of our faith.
• We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. He is the Creator, Sustainer, and Governor of everything that has been made.
(Genesis 1:1; Exodus 20:2-3; Isaiah 43:1, 7, 21; Revelation 4:11, and 5:9-10) • We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
(Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1,14; 3:16-18; 5:17-30, 36-47; Acts 1:9-11 and 2:22-36) • We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in those who have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. He bears witness with our Spirit that we are children of God and joint heirs to the throne of grace with Jesus Christ. He helps our weaknesses and makes intercession for us.
(Romans 8:9-11, 16-17, and 26) • We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the inerrant, authoritative Word of God, and as such it is the final authoritative rule for faith, life, and standards of education.
(Psalm 119:160; John 16:13; and 2 Timothy 3:14-17) • We believe that because of Adam’s sin, all mankind is in rebellion against God. For the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. Salvation is by grace through faith alone and faith without works is dead.
(Romans 5:8, 12-21, 8:1-11; 2 Corinthians 5:9-10; Ephesians 2:8-9; and James 2:18-26)
The Mission of Oakdale Academy is to instill Character, Truth, and Wisdom in our students in order to prepare them for a life of service to God, family, community, and country through Classical Christian education.
Classical Christian education is a learning process in which teachers disciple students in the appreciation of Truth, Goodness, and Beauty using the Greco-Roman Trivium to support a distinctly Christian worldview. This process aims to inspire students to develop a life characterized by intellectual and spiritual pursuits and a sense of wonder.
The Mission of Oakdale Academy is one where we do not shy from our Christian faith, sincerely held religious beliefs, and values rooted in the Bible as God’s Word and delineated in our Statement of Faith. We wish to communicate to our community and the outside world in our speech and conduct, our religious nature. We are proud Members of the Association of Classical Christian Schools (ACCS).
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Psalm 139.)
As a Christian school and ministry, Oakdale Academy has specific criteria for its employees and volunteers.
As such, Oakdale Academy requires all employees and volunteers to affirm our Statement of Faith and that they are willing to comply with the organization’s Code of Christian Conduct.
Violation of the Oakdale Academy’s Statement of Faith, Code of Christian Conduct, or provisions in the Employee Handbook constitutes good cause to terminate employment.
As a Christian school, Oakdale Academy freely highlights the religious and faithful character of all we do, as embodied in our Statement of Faith and Mission Statement.
This religious character is highlighted, but not limited to, the following practices:
- Regular prayer, including Bible studies and worship in the regular activities of the school;
- The conducting of and participation in special activities that include prayer, Bible studies, and worship both on the school campus as well as away from campus.
- The promotion of Oakdale Academy is a non-denominational entity bound by our Statement of Faith.
- The display of religious artwork and decorations are encouraged on campus that comply with the Statement of Faith, good taste, and decorum.
- The promotion of our religious character is promoted and highlighted through our teaching, policies, websites, brochures, logos, crest, tagline, social media, and other electronic and non-electronic means.
In order to preserve the function and integrity of Oakdale Academy as a Christian community, and to provide a biblical role model to Oakdale students and the broader community, it is imperative that all board members, employees, and volunteers of Oakdale Academy affirm and comply with this Policy on Marriage, Family, and Sexuality.
This Policy is in accordance with our Statement of Faith and Mission Statement and outlines certain fundamental elements of Christian faith and practice.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male and female (Gen. 1:26-27). These two distinct, complementary biological sexes together reflect the image and nature of God. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God in that person.
- All students, staff, and volunteers of/at Oakdale Academy will be addressed and treated in accordance with their biological sex. Likewise, all employees, volunteers, and students will be expected to dress and act in accordance with their biological sex (Gen. 5:1). All employees, volunteers, and students are seen as being uniquely created to bear the image of God and to Glorify Him (II Cor. 3:18).
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2: 18-25). We believe that God intends that sexual intimacy only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other (I Cor. 6:18, 7:2-5, Heb 13:4).
- We believe that any other form of sexual behavior outside that which is specifically delineated herein is immoral, sinful, and offensive to God (I Thes. 4:3-5, I Cor. 6:13).
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and repent from their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21, Rom. 10-9-10, I Cor. 6:9-11).
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31, Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture or the policies of Oakdale Academy.
Grounded in our Statement of Faith, Oakdale Academy holds to Christian values and establishes parameters for acceptable behavior of its employees and volunteers.
Pursuant to our firm conviction and belief, all employees and volunteers are to conduct themselves accordingly with regard to their biological sex and all employees and volunteers shall:
- Dress in conformance with one’s biological sex;
- Use the restrooms, locker rooms, and changing facilities conforming to one’s biological sex;
- Abstain from all intimate sexual conduct outside the marital union of one man and one woman.
- Be in agreement and affirm Oakdale Academy’s Policy on Marriage, Family, and Sexuality as biblically sound.
Additionally, employees and volunteers shall refrain from the following practices as deemed antithetical to the Christian walk and faith:
- Excessive use of alcohol
- Gambling in excess
- Use of coarse and immoral language
Employees and volunteers should conduct themselves with a sense of respect for the authority of the school, vested in the Board and the Headmaster (and any other officials acting under their authority).
Failing to comply with these standards or others not listed but deemed to be antithetical to the Christian faith will subject the volunteer to removal and any employee(s) to potential disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.