The education of your child is an incredible journey. At Oakdale Academy, we are committed to being your partner in preparing your children to live out their lives as disciples of Christ and teaching them how to walk the path with courage, integrity, and wisdom.
As an independent, private Junior Kindergarten-12 classical and Christian school, we offer an extraordinary educational experience based on the proven Hillsdale Academy model. In 2011, eight families trusted their extraordinary God to guide them in starting an educational institution with absolutely no government funding or adherence to Common Core, with the goal of producing graduates that are intelligent, articulate, well-read, and exhibit great character.
We strive daily to create an environment that fosters academic excellence, leadership development and training for high moral character based on Biblical principles. Our mission is to instill character, truth, and wisdom in our students so that when they leave us at graduation, they are truly prepared for a life of service to God, country, community and family. Benefits include:
- From Junior Kindergarten through grade 12, our students learn the value of working together as members of the body of Christ in a respectful and supportive learning environment.
- Our experienced and passionate teachers and staff help them learn how to think for themselves, defend their values and take personal accountability for their education and actions.
- In addition to a mentoring relationship with teachers, we create a culture that includes structured mentoring opportunities among the students at varying grade levels that encourages a servant spirit.
- Our instructional approach focuses on content-rich materials with an emphasis on the Great Books of Western Civilization in literature, a hands-on approach in science and an advanced track in mathematics.
- We guide students in the development of their character and academic potential through carefully designed, content-rich educational programs and extracurricular activities.
- FEES & TUITION DEPOSIT
- PLACEMENT ASSESSMENT
- GRADE PLACEMENT AT OAKDALE ACADEMY
New Application Fee: $50 per student or $100 family maximum.
Enrollment fee & Tuition Deposit: $300 per student or $900 family maximum, payable at enrollment. A $400 non refundable tuition deposit per family is also due at the time of enrollment and will be applied toward the total tuition balance.
All incoming Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten students and older complete a placement assessment. The assessment consists of three parts: math, reading, and writing. Incoming Kindergarten students complete a Gesell school readiness and developmental assessment. There is a non-refundable $40 fee for the Gesell assessment.
Both parents must attend the admissions interview. During the interview, we will discuss the placement assessment, professional and educational background of the parents, educational goals of the family, church involvement, our student culture, and expectations. Please feel free to ask questions as well.
New families will receive a letter of acceptance or declination by mail promptly after the completion of the admissions process.
Recommendations for grade placement at Oakdale Academy are based on three main factors: the placement assessment, the student’s birthdate, and the student’s educational career as a whole. The most recent grade completed at a different academic institution is taken into account, but does not necessarily guarantee advancement in grade level when entering Oakdale Academy. We have consistently found that students who are more mature and developmentally advanced are more successful in Oakdale Academy’s rigorous curriculum and advanced track in math. Therefore, our birthdate guidelines per grade are as follows:
Try our grade calculator:
At Oakdale, we strive to make classical and Christian education accessible to every family who desires it. For qualified families that are challenged by the cost of tuition, we offer tuition assistance and scholarship opportunities. Please contact us to learn more.
JK (5 days)-Kindergarten
JK (3 days – M, W, F)
Lower School (1-6)
Upper School (7-12)
Homeschool Partnership (four Upper School classes)
Homeschool (7th-12th grade)
$1,795 (per class)
Families may qualify for tuition assistance based on annual family income or number of children enrolled at the school. We strive to keep tuition at or in many cases below competitive levels by using fundraising to supplement operating costs.
Oakdale Academy has a limited amount of need-based tuition assistance available; nearly 40% of our families receive some sort of financial aid. Our desire is to offer a classical and Christian education to all qualified applicants, without regard to family income. Accordingly, we have allocated funds for this purpose. Returning families and new applicants may apply for financial aid. New family financial aid applications are evaluated on a rolling basis.
Oakdale Academy uses a nationally recognized service, FACTS, to process financial aid applications. FACTS applies standardized criteria to determine to what extent each family needs assistance to pay for one year’s tuition. Oakdale Academy’s financial aid committee uses information from the FACTS process to allocate the amount of financial aid available. The FACTS Financial Aid Worksheet below, is designed to assist in completing the application.
All scholarship information is confidential.
- 2021-2022: There is a 5% tuition discount for the second and third child enrolled (within the same household); tuition for the fourth child tuition and beyond is fixed at $2,000.
Pastoral Discount Amount
Area pastors who earn their living as a full-time pastor (sole income) in a local church or ministry will receive a 50% discount for each child enrolled at Oakdale Academy.
Families that are eligible to receive the pastoral discount may apply for additional financial aid.
We are thankful for our faithful area pastors. Your ministry of consistently preaching God’s Word is greatly appreciated. Furthermore, your show of support of Christian education by enrolling your children at Oakdale Academy is an encouragement and testimony to others. May you find this tuition discount to be a token of our appreciation to you for partnering with us in the challenge of educating our students in accordance with Biblical principles. A signed discount agreement form will need to be renewed annually and must accompany your child’s application or re-enrollment forms. This discount applies only to tuition. All other fees and expenses are to be paid in full.
Fees & Tuition Deposit
New Application Fee: $50 per student or $100 family maximum.
Registration Fee & Tuition Deposit: $300 (non refundable) per student or $900 family maximum (non-refundable), payable at enrollment. A $200 per student deposit (non refundable) is required ($400 family maximum) and applied toward the total tuition balance.
Early Payment Discount
New families that wish to pay their tuition in full will receive a 5% discount for payment received within two weeks of acceptance to Oakdale Academy.
If a student withdraws from enrollment before the end of the school year, tuition is due for the entire month of withdrawal, at the discretion of the Headmaster.
Statements and Policies
Families and students of a reasonable age must agree to the tenants, statements, and policies of Oakdale Academy prior to admission as well as during their time as a student at Oakdale.
- Statement of Faith
- Mission Statement
- Classical Christian Education
- Relationship to the Community
- Statement on Life
- Policy on Religious Character
- Policy on Marriage, Family, and Sexuality
• We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. He is the Creator, Sustainer, and Governor of everything that has been made.
(Genesis 1:1; Exodus 20:2-3; Isaiah 43:1, 7, 21; Revelation 4:11, and 5:9-10) • We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
(Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1,14; 3:16-18; 5:17-30, 36-47; Acts 1:9-11 and 2:22-36) • We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in those who have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. He bears witness with our Spirit that we are children of God and joint heirs to the throne of grace with Jesus Christ. He helps our weaknesses and makes intercession for us.
(Romans 8:9-11, 16-17, and 26) • We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the inerrant, authoritative Word of God, and as such it is the final authoritative rule for faith, life, and standards of education.
(Psalm 119:160; John 16:13; and 2 Timothy 3:14-17) • We believe that because of Adam’s sin, all mankind is in rebellion against God. For the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. Salvation is by grace through faith alone and faith without works is dead.
(Romans 5:8, 12-21, 8:1-11; 2 Corinthians 5:9-10; Ephesians 2:8-9; and James 2:18-26)
The Mission of Oakdale Academy is to instill Character, Truth, and Wisdom in our students in order to prepare them for a life of service to God, family, community, and country through Classical Christian education.
Classical Christian education is a learning process in which teachers disciple students in the appreciation of Truth, Goodness, and Beauty using the Greco-Roman Trivium to support a distinctly Christian worldview. This process aims to inspire students to develop a life characterized by intellectual and spiritual pursuits and a sense of wonder.
The Mission of Oakdale Academy is one where we do not shy from our Christian faith, sincerely held religious beliefs, and values rooted in the Bible as God’s Word and delineated in our Statement of Faith. We wish to communicate to our community and the outside world in our speech and conduct, our religious nature. We are proud Members of the Association of Classical Christian Schools (ACCS).
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Psalm 139.)
As a Christian school, Oakdale Academy freely highlights the religious and faithful character of all we do, as embodied in our Statement of Faith and Mission Statement.
This religious character is highlighted, but not limited to, the following practices:
- Regular prayer, including Bible studies and worship in the regular activities of the school;
- The conducting of and participation in special activities that include prayer, Bible studies, and worship both on the school campus as well as away from campus.
- The promotion of Oakdale Academy is a non-denominational entity bound by our Statement of Faith.
- The display of religious artwork and decorations are encouraged on campus that comply with the Statement of Faith, good taste, and decorum.
- The promotion of our religious character is promoted and highlighted through our teaching, policies, websites, brochures, logos, crest, tagline, social media, and other electronic and non-electronic means.
In order to preserve the function and integrity of Oakdale Academy as a Christian community, and to provide a biblical role model to Oakdale students and the broader community, it is imperative that all board members, employees, and volunteers of Oakdale Academy affirm and comply with this Policy on Marriage, Family, and Sexuality.
This Policy is in accordance with our Statement of Faith and Mission Statement and outlines certain fundamental elements of Christian faith and practice.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male and female (Gen. 1:26-27). These two distinct, complementary biological sexes together reflect the image and nature of God. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God in that person.
- All students, staff, and volunteers of/at Oakdale Academy will be addressed and treated in accordance with their biological sex. Likewise, all employees, volunteers, and students will be expected to dress and act in accordance with their biological sex (Gen. 5:1). All employees, volunteers, and students are seen as being uniquely created to bear the image of God and to Glorify Him (II Cor. 3:18).
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2: 18-25). We believe that God intends that sexual intimacy only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other (I Cor. 6:18, 7:2-5, Heb 13:4).
- We believe that any other form of sexual behavior outside that which is specifically delineated herein is immoral, sinful, and offensive to God (I Thes. 4:3-5, I Cor. 6:13).
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and repent from their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21, Rom. 10-9-10, I Cor. 6:9-11).
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31, Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture or the policies of Oakdale Academy.